Sunday, November 15, 2009

David's Mighty Men

In First Chronicles 12 we read of David's Mighty Men. These were warriors described as "brave warriors, ready for battle and able to handle the shield and spear." They were "able to shoot arrows or to sling stones right-handed or left-handed" and had "the faces of lions, and they were as swift as gazelles in the mountains."

Aside from these abilities, David offered this warning, "If you have come to me in peace, to help me, I am ready to have you unite with me. But if you have come to betray me to my enemies when my hands are free from violence, may the God of our fathers see it and judge you."

So, are you a Mighty Man (or woman) of God? Do you rely upon your talents and skills only? Or are you joined with God, to be used by Him? Because if you are, God is with you. However if you are duplicitous, with evil on your heart, then God will judge you accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment